Machine cleaning / dishwashers
We would also like to add that the requirements set out in the valid DIN standards, e.g. DIN 10510 – Food hygiene – Commercial dishwashing with multi-tank transport dishwashers – Hygiene requirements, procedure testing and DIN 10512 – Food hygiene – Commercial dishwashing with one-tank dishwashers – Hygiene requirements, type testing, and the associated parameters are observed, particularly the temperature of 60 °C in the washing water. This means that no further measures are necessary in the event of problem-free operation of the dishwasher.
You can also find further information about hygienic dishwashing online in the Practical Handbook Chapter 11 – Hygiene by the Arbeitskreis Gewerbliches Geschirrspülen (AK GGS).
The advisory opinion of the Robert Koch Institute also states that: “Tableware can be transported to the dishwasher in a closed container and cleaned as is standard in hospitals.” rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Hygiene.html
- Check personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Dishwasher: Check, clean if necessary and descale cover, spray/wash arms, curtains (wash/rinse). Fill the machine with water to the usual level and heat up until the dishwasher is ready to use.
- Check hoses and hose pumps and replace if necessary.
- Clean, disinfect and refill fresh water supply isolation/supply isolation container.
- For cover/undercounter dishwashers > at least three wash cycles without tableware
- For band/basket transport dishwashers> run for at least 10 minutes without tableware